Doesn’t it seem like a week ago that we saw the leaks and rumours were hyped on the Third Generation of Google’s Pixel Devices?
Well, just kidding. After what seems like ages, Google finally just released their 4th Iteration on its Pixel Smartphone Series… I must say, I’ve got a lot of mixed feelings.
Starting off, let’s talk about the new specs that come in the Google Pixel 4 saga.
Leaving aside the fact that Google Pixel 4 can come up the top 5 most leaked smartphones of all time, here are the 4 new technological advancements that Google has introduced in the Pixel 4 lineup:
- All new Face Unlock
- Spatial Awareness with Radar Technology
- Liquid Smooth High Refresh Rate Display
- Faster Google Assistant (Hey Google!)
Well, apart from this, Google has also used a new design language that’s not only different from the previous phones, but also from any other OEM manufacturers.
With the iPhone taking away the Best Smartphone Camera title, we don’t fully yet know if Pixel can reclaim the title.
So apart from those four new additions, here are the Hardware Specifications of the Pixel 4 Line up:
- Pixel 4: 5.7-inch, FHD+ resolution, 444ppi
- Pixel 4 XL: 6.3-inch, QHD+, 537ppi
- Both: 19:9 aspect ratio, “Smooth display” 90Hz refresh rate, “Ambient EQ” automatic colour adjustment
- HDR with UHDA certification
Dimensions and weight:
- Pixel 4: 68.8 x 147.1 x 8.2 mm, 162 grams
- Pixel 4 XL: 75.1 x 160.4 x 8.2 mm, 193 grams
- Pixel 4: 2,800mAh
- Pixel 4 XL: 3,700mAh
- Both: 18W fast charging, wireless charging
- Main: 12.2-megapixel, 1.4 μm pixel width, dual pixel phase detection, OIS, ƒ/1.7 aperture, 77-degree field of view
- Tele: 16-megapixel, 1.0 μm pixel width, phase detection, Optical Image Stabilization, ƒ/2.4 aperture, 52-degree field of view
- Video: 1080p @ 30, 60, or 120 fps; 720p @ 240 fps; 4K @ 30 fps; Front Camera: 1080p @ 30 fps
Other specs on the Pixel 4 Lineup:
- Memory: 6GB
- Storage: 64GB or 128GB
- Processor: Snapdragon 855
- Pixel Neural Core coprocessor
- Dual speakers working in stereo-mode
- dual SIM (eSIM supported + Nano-SIM)
- Active Edge Technology
- Motion Sense Radar Technology
- Whole new Face unlock Algorithms
- Gorilla Glass 5 on front and back
- IP-68 water and dust protection
The Pixel 4 is available in “just black,” “clearly white,” and “oh so orange” (limited edition). The “Clearly White” and “Oh so Orange!” colours come with a matte back finish with matte black rails. The “Just black” colour has a glossy back finish. The coloured power button trend continues in the Pixel 4 Series, just like how it did in the previous generations of Pixel devices.
Let’s wait till we can get a hands-on the Pixel series. Yeah, I say this with a heavy heart because Google Confirmed that the Pixel 4 series isn’t gonna be available in India…
A company spokesperson announced, “We decided not to make Pixel 4 available in India. We remain committed to our current Pixel phones and look forward to bringing future Pixel devices to India.” This is because of two reasons:
1: The lack of sales of Pixel devices in India
2: Project Soli Chip uses 60GHz which isn’t permitted in India for consumers and used only by the government.
So the arrival of Pixel 4 might not be possible in India. What do you think about Pixel 4? Let us know in the comments below.